Last week I was reading a post by The Duck in … side and mentioned that I had a great recipe for Mini Chocolate Hazelnut Cakes. So, here it is.
PS – It makes a real mess
MINI CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT CAKES
- 100g dark eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- ¾ cup (180ml) water
- 100g butter, softened
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup (25g) cocoa powder
- ¾ cup (110g) self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) hazelnut meal
Whipped Hazelnut Ganache
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thickened cream
- 180g milk eating chocolate, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut-flavoured liqueur
Make Whipped Hazelnut Ganache
- Combine cream and chocolate in small saucepan, stir over low heat until smooth
- Stir in liqueur, transfer mixture to small bowl
- Cover, stand for 2 hours or until firm
- Beat ganache in small bowl with electric mixer until mixture changes to a pale brown colour
Make Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to moderate (180C/160C fan-forced) Grease ½ cupcake pan
- Combine chocolate and the water in medium saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth
- Beat butter and sugar in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined between additions (Mixture might separate at this stage, but will come together later); transfer mixture to medium bowl. Stir in warm chocolate mixture, sifted cocoa and flour, and hazelnut meal.
- Divide mixture among pan; bake for about 20 minutes. Stand cakes 5 minutes; turn, and cool on wire rack.
- Spread ganache over cakes.
From The Australian Women’s Weekly Cakes Biscuits and Slices