So sometimes Kitty thinks of other people, other people who quite often run down to the shops to buy her, her favourite food and sometimes what Kitty has planned doesn’t quite work out as expected. Today Kitty and I decided to cook biscuits for my husband. After giving him one I was told they were a lovely shortbread biscuit. Hmmm..
Chocolate-Drizzled Ginger Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 200g caster sugar
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 340g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 11/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- crystallized ginger sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz dark chocolate, melted
- Grease two baking sheets.
- Mix together the egg, egg yolk and sugar and then stir in the melted butter.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and salt in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix to combine.
- Chill the dough until firm.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas mark 5.
- Roll the dough out between parchment or cling film to 3mm thick.
- Cut out 5cm rounds and lay them on baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Dip fork in the melted chocolate, drizzle chocolate over each cookie and place on parchment to set.
- Store in an airtight container.