This week we’re going to revisit the apple butter saga and as Kitty always insists, there are a million and one uses for everything (Even the ring pulls on cans – which I just found out a friend of my boss recycles and makes artifical limbs for elephants. Yes seriously.)
Anyway this week we are going to make delicious apple butter into even more delicious apple butter icecream. Yes, apple butter icecream and it is extremely fantastic.
Now I actually adapt one recipe for all of my fruit ice cream recipes, so feel free to turn this into any flavour you like and with this one I have given you two seperate methods. I have tried both and in truth you can easily do this one without the icemaker.
Apple Butter Icecream
- 1 cup apple butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- With a hand beater combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Turn on ice cream maker and pour ingredients in
- Allow to mix and freeze until desired consistency achieved
- Pour all ingredients into a blender
- Blend until combined
- Freeze until desired consistency is achieved.