Kitty doesn’t believe in wasting food, so this week we’re going to bake with overripe produce – or particularly pears. We bought these in the last lockdown and they were looking a bit past their used by date, so I goggled pear recipes and discovered the one below.
Chocolate Chip Pear Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups all purpose flour (260 grams)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (100 grams)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt*
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)* (105 grams)
- 1 medium-large pear (peeled, cleaned & finely chopped) (or 2 small)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi sweet or milk) (85 grams)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C). Line a large or 2 medium cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. Add the eggs and butter and beat on medium speed to combine.
- Fold in the chopped pear and chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for about 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet then move to a wire rack. Enjoy!
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 40mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 169IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg